Thursday, August 21, 2014

Jumpchain: Pokemon Trainer (world-1)

>>Jumpchain CYOA: What is it? 
>>Jumpchain Masterlist post
>>Next Jumpchain: Cosmic Warehouse & Body Mod

Link to this Jumpchain

Region: Hoenn
Identity: Thirteen-year-old male; moneybags [-100]
Starter: Totodile w/ mental bond [-100] & egg move (metal claw) [-50]
Skills and abilities: Save state [-600], combat training [-100], freerunning [-100]
Gear: Bag, pokegear, pokedex, x5 pokeballs, x3 potions, hat, 400k pokedollars, laptop, bike, HM collection, medical kit, collapsible baton [-50]
Flaws: Silenced [+100]


In every Jumpchain you can choose to be dropped in as you are, or for the world to be shaped around you so that you have a place therein. If you choose the latter option then you'll get a new set of memories to complement what you have so far, which can be... confusing at first. I chose the Moneybags option to give me easy access to various neat items, like the solar-powered laptop and the collapsible bike that can fit in my TARDIS backpack.

Hoenn is a pretty watery place, so it was a good idea to start with a water-type pokemon. And I've always liked Totodile- it was my first Starter from Silver- so the decision was a no-brainer. Mental Bond will give us a silent mode of communication. I needed a place to spend the extra 50 CP so I chose Metal Claw. Nice and balanced, it'll serve me well.

Save State was obvious. That alone could help me out to no end. I can save my present point in time once a day (overwriting the previous one) and load a saved point ten times a day so long as it's no further than a month back in my past.

Freerunning will improve my mobility and just be plain fun. I chose the collapsible baton because I'd prefer a nonlethal response wherever that's possible.

Because of Silenced I'm going to start out mute. Hopefully I've learned Sign Language in my new life but if I haven't at least have a mental bond with my Totodile and can read and write. Learning Sign Language will be a priority if I don't have it, though.

***

This isn't going to a very world-changey Jumpchain for me. There's always Rocket/Magma/Plasma/Insert-name-here to deal with, but as bad as they are let's remember that they canonically get beaten up by eleven-year-olds. So I'm not too worried about them. That doesn't mean that I won't stop them where it seems that they're doing something dangerous, but with my present capabilities it seems more effective to be the wandering samurai that takes them down if they happen to in range, and not the guy who dismantles the whole system and builds a new one from the ground up.

Not yet, anyway.

Going to take on the Elite Four, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment