Monday, August 25, 2014

Jumpchain: Knights of the Old Republic (world-4)

>>Jumpchain CYOA: What is it?
>>Jumpchain Masterlist post
>>Previous Jumpchain: Harry Potter
>>Next Jumpchain: Fullmetal Alchemist

Link to this Jumpchain

Starting planet: Korriban
Identity: Twenty-four-year-old; Mandalorian
Specialization: Intelligence (Force heal)
Skills and additional powers: Enhanced memory [-100], demolitions, persuasion [-100], comprehend speech [-300], force persuasion [-600]
Gear: Lightsaber, breath mask, medkit, health package implant [-100], T3 series utility droid [-200], armored robes (cortosis) [-100], protoype vibroblade [-100]
Setbacks: Notorious [+300], aura [+300]


Well dang. Korriban. Sith Central once upon a time. I'm lucky that there are only a few people here right now, but without a ship it's going to be tricky to get started. Unless the cosmic warehouse's Link ability works across galactic distances, in which case I'm fine. Either way, I do have some Mandalorians with me, .

I picked Mandalorian because, well, I did. Honestly, Grey Jedi would be more cost-effective, but I think this'll be more fun. It'll also give me some buddies, which may be helpful in this universe.

The robes will help me in lightsaber duels. The utility droid will be someone I can bring with me through all my adventures. I guess it'll be nice to, you know, have a constant in my journeys.

The health package implant is part of my life insurance policy. Perhaps redundant in the face of Regen, but why not have an insurance policy against my insurance policy? Maybe I'll come across something that neutralizes Regen but not technology.

Demolitions comes free, but I'm sure I'll find a use for it. The breath mask and medkit come free too. The medkit will go nicely with the medbay in my warehouse. So does Force Heal, which is why I picked the Intelligence specialization. My Conduit-based healing will go a long way but Force Heal is a little better, and having some redundancy won't hurt me. Lets me draw on separate reserves.

Enhanced Memory is great. "Photographic memory and instant recall." Yeah, I'm totally snatching that up. Comprehend Speech will be useful in a galaxy with many, many languages (to say nothing of other worlds). There's no insulting me in a language I don't know, anymore! Persuasion and Force Persuasion are part of the same nonlethal solutions coin. Or die, I suppose. There are lots more sides to it than two. Regardless, I want to get people to do things for me without chopping anyone's limbs off.

I may not be able to do it here, but there are worlds that will need changing, and if I have to have a hammer to which every problem looks like a nail then I want that hammer to not be generating a metric ton of corpses every minute.

***

I am outclassed here. For the benefit of those who aren't familiar with the setting (heck, even I'm on foreign ground somewhat) there is a Force-user capable of draining the lives of an entire planetary population. So we are kind of looking at a scary galaxy here.

Oh, and the Jedi and Sith are slugging it out at the moment.

The problem is that, again, I don't know much about current events, such as they are, and I want to operate with present knowledge as much as possible. If I look something up on a wiki then it'll be to learn something that I would know at a given point. Frex, checking to see how bad the Purge was to see how I fare, but not so I know what I need to do to avert it.

Because right now all I know is Revan's involved, and it's happening in a year. But should I even try to avert it? The Jedi are far from perfect.

Okay, I'll go visit the Jedi and tell them, and if something goes wrong then I'll load a save and stick away. In either case, though, I'm going to ground as soon as I'm done. Should I head out to Coruscant? Crap. Which worlds are going to be hit by the war?

Oh. Wait. I'm Notorious. Everyone will want to kill me. And I have an Aura, so I feel Wrong to everything.

Bluh bluh this is craaaaaaaap.

Yeah, okay, I'm just running. This is my first Gauntlet Jumpchain. That should entertain Jump-chan, shouldn't it?

Full build
Starting planet: Korriban
Identity: Twenty-four-year-old Mandalorian
Skills and additional powers: Save state, combat training, freerunning, subdue, analytics, demolitions, persuasion
Gear: Laptop, bike, HM collection, medical kit, expanded space bag, hardened cell phone, motorcycle, breath mask, medkit, health package implant, T3 series utility droid
Setbacks: Notorious [+300], aura [+300]
Physical: Strength (bench press car), Stamina (stay moving), Durability (take some bullets), Regen (non-lethal wounds in seconds)
Mind: Occlumency, enhanced memory
Weaponry/armor: Collapsible baton, light body armor, wand, lightsaber, prototype vibroblade, armored robes (cortosis)
Pokemon: Feraligatr w/ bond & egg move (metal claw), Greninja, Sceptile, Pangoro, Toxicroak, Xatu
Conduit type: Electrokinesis (toggle)
HP Magic: Wandless, nonverbal specialty, memory spell specialty, metamorphmagus
Force: Intelligence specialization. Force heal, force persuasion, comprehend speech, plus basics (speed, sight, precog, empathy, telepathy, telekinesis)

No comments:

Post a Comment