Saturday, August 23, 2014

Jumpchain: Infamous (world-2)

>>Jumpchain CYOA: What is it?
>>Jumpchain Masterlist post
>>Previous Jumpchain: Cosmic Warehouse & Body Mod
>>Next Jumpchain: Harry Potter

Link to this Jumpchain

Starting city: New Marais (public opinion: conduit friendly; military presence: moderate; crime: moderate)
Identity: Twenty-two-year-old; drifter
Conduit type: Electrokinesis
Skills and additional powers: Toggle [-150], regen [-100], durability [-100], subdue [-300], analytics [-300]
Gear: Safehouse, expanded space bag [-100], hardened cell phone [-100], light body armor [-50], motorcycle [-300]
Setbacks: Greenlit [+300], Stalker [+300]


As a drifter I have no connections to anybody, but I do have a safehouse for free. That'll be hella nice, especially since the local gangs are out for my blood and so is a superpowered serial killer.

I... am probably not going to get away with nonlethal solutions this time.

Still, I did select Subdue so that I had skill in restraining people without bashing their heads against the wall, and while my Conduit type lets me shoot lightning bolts I'm more interested in how it lets me heal people.

The hardened cell phone will be safe from my conduit powers getting out of control, though the Toggle option will do the same so the phone is mainly useful as, you know, a cell phone (smart phone, technically). The motorcycle is powered by my Conduit powers, so between this and my warehouse I've basically taken food, power, and fuel costs out of my budget.

People are going to be trying to kill me, here and in future worlds, so body armor (that fits under my clothes), increased durability, and the ability to regenerate wounds are just common sense selections. Barring an instakill I should be able to survive anything. Worst case I'll load up a saved point in time and go from there.

Some of my items from Pokemon Trainer are getting left out because they got used up over time. Pokeballs, potions, that kind of thing. They're a limited resource that I can't expect to still have after fifty jumps so I'll handicap myself and assume they're gone by this point.

***

I'm thinking of setting myself up as a free clinic. Try to get to know some other doctors, see who I can trust, and introduce them to the medical bay in my cosmic warehouse (I'm glad that doesn't sound as dirty as I thought it might). The gangs are going to be ticked off at me for some reason. Maybe because I'm not taking sides? Or maybe they just don't like my hair or something. Oh well.

Full Build
Starting city: New Marais (public opinion: conduit friendly; military presence: moderate; crime: moderate)
Identity: Twenty-two-year-old; drifter
Skills and additional powers: Save state, combat training, freerunning, subdue, analytics
Gear: Laptop, bike, HM collection, medical kit, safehouse, expanded space bag, hardened cell phone, motorcycle, collapsible bike, TARDIS backpack
Setbacks: Greenlit [+300], Stalker [+300]
Physical: Strength (bench press car), Stamina (stay moving), Durability (take some bullets), Regen (non-lethal wounds in seconds)
Weaponry/armor: Collapsible baton, light body armor
Pokemon: Feraligatr w/ bond & egg move (metal claw), Greninja, Sceptile, Pangoro, Toxicroak, Xatu
Conduit type: Electrokinesis (toggle)



No comments:

Post a Comment