Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Jumpchain: Fullmetal Alchemist (world-5)

>>Jumpchain CYOA: What is it?
>>Jumpchain Masterlist post
>>Previous Jumpchain: Knights of the Old Republic
>>Next Jumpchain: Yu-Gi-Oh

Link to this Jumpchain

Starting location: Xing
Identity: Twenty-three-year-old University [-100]
Skills and additional powers: Advanced formulae, simplified formulae, Truth [-800], alkahestry [-300]
Gear: Mil-Spec/advanced automail limb [-250], mechanic's tools [-150]
Setbacks: Enemy of the state [-300], hostile rival [-200]

"Welcome to Amestris, the most successful military dictatorship outside of reality!"

Well then. It looks like I'm taking Enemy of the State.

Between my starting location (Xing, which has no Amestrian military presence) and my Origin (University student), I suppose that I fled here after some of my more, ah, unorthodox philosophies came to light.

I selected Truth in order to get both Advanced & Simplified Formulae in one swoop, as well as be able to perform alchemy without needing to draw a circle. I lost my arm in the bargain, though, so I bought an automail limb with both of the upgrades and the tools necessary to keep it running.

Xing has little knowledge of alchemy but I know a lot anyway between my studies and my meeting with Truth, so I'll take the opportunity to develop my knowledge of alkahestry. Besides transmutation at a distance, this is yet another healing power.

I'm taking a lot of healing, aren't I? I think it's a safe bet that by this point I can fix up just about anything, and three different ways.

And I've got a rival, apparently. Okay. Well, this still shouldn't be as bad as KOTOR...

***

I don't want to steal the spotlight in every jump and this is perfect for just that. Xing's far away from the action and as far as I know the protagonists succeeded in beating whatever the horrible threat was in the series, so I'll do my own thing over here and let them do their own thing. Unless they came over to Xing at some point, in which case I'll help them out with whatever it was they came over for.

In the meantime I'll head over to the Emperor and use my varied healing magics to prolong his life. If I have to use Force Persuasion to get to him then that's just what I'll have to do.

What's my goal beyond that, though? I'm going to take this time to decide which of the Emperor's forty-something warring heirs will best serve my interests and ally with zem. This may be someone whose views are legitimately aligned with mine or who will at least follow a "scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" policy, or simply someone who is vulnerable to Force Persuasion. Loading saved states will be helpful in finding out how far I can push them without any risk of discovery.

Obliviation may also be frequently used.

Once I've made my decision I'll take out the rest of the competition. Some will be felled by my assassins, sometimes with evidence pointing to other heirs that need removing. Others will be turned down destructive paths or to open conflict with other heirs via Force Persuasion. I don't think that I can afford to leave any alive but maybe (and hopefully) I'll be proven incorrect on this. But I doubt it...

After the dust clears I will allow the Emperor to die, and my chosen will ascend the throne.

During all of this I will encourage Xing to plant agents in Amestris or extend their network if it already exists. Our goal will be to identify every link of Amestris' power structure and those elements that are most sympathetic to the idea of a less authoritarian regime. We will also build up our military, perhaps with the goal of striking against a mutual foe with Amestris (so that the Amestrians don't worry about us). After a sufficiently horrible monster or something has been defeated by the Elric brothers (I'm not sure what's going on but it's probably something big and nasty, so we should hear the news), we will make our move. The cosmic warehouse will be used to portal us from place to place in order to decapitate the country's power structure in the space of a single night.

If we have located sympathetic elements then they'll be elevated to power. If not, then Xing will invade Amestris, currently reeling from the recent assassinations, and install a puppet government. Both Xing and Amestris' government will begin a slow transition to a more democratic state.

My chosen heir, and any other necessary puppets, will also be subjected to minor, and then greater, uses of Force Persuasion over many years in order to cement my influence and my philosophies. Between the existing power of Force Persuasion (which can be permanent on its own) and the effect of cognitive dissonance and indoctrination techniques, I should be quite successful in molding Xing's Emperor and any others that I need to.

This kind of mind control and personality sculpting is arguably a form of murder, but hey, we're making the mother of all omelettes here. Can't fret over every egg!

But seriously, I am trying to limit casualties.

Full Build
Starting location: Xing
Identity: Twenty-three-year-old; University
Skills and additional powers: Save state, combat training, freerunning, subdue, analytics, demolitions, persuasion
Gear: Laptop, bike, HM collection, medical kit, collapsible baton, expanded space bag, hardened cell phone, motorcycle, breath mask, medkit, health package implant, T3 series utility droid, Mil-Spec/advanced automail limb, mechanic's tools
Setbacks: Enemy of the state, hostile rival
Physical: Strength (bench press car), Stamina (stay moving), Durability (take some bullets), Regen (non-lethal wounds in seconds), missing limb (right arm, replaced by automail)
Mind: Occlumency, enhanced memory
Weaponry/armor: Collapsible baton, light body armor, wand, dragonhide jacket, lightsaber, prototype vibroblade
Pokemon: Feraligatr w/ bond & egg move (metal claw), Greninja, Sceptile, Pangoro, Toxicroak, Xatu
Conduit type: Electrokinesis (toggle)
HP Magic: Wandless, nonverbal specialty, memory spell specialty
Force: Intelligence specialization. Force heal, force persuasion, comprehend speech, plus basics (speed, sight, precog, empathy, telepathy, telekinesis)
FMA Alchemy: Truth, advanced & simplified formulae, alkahestry

No comments:

Post a Comment