Wednesday, June 26, 2013

But I feel alright

This is my blog. You are looking at it right now. I welcome you to it.

This is my little corner of the internet where I write blog posts and then put them up for you, the reader to see. It is going to shift as I shift, swerve as I swerve, and I don't know where it will be in ten years.

I don't know where it will be in ten days. But I do know what it's for. It's for me to talk to you, or at least to write things that you will read and maybe even respond to, in a process that I will refer to as talking to each other despite that not actually happening. It makes me feel as if there's something more personal going on, you understand. Maybe it'll just be my thoughts as I think them. Maybe I'll talk about what's going on in my life. Like I said, I'm not sure.

Right now I'm serving a two-year mission as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This is why, for example, the Web Directory page only has religious links right now. When I am back to civilian life I will no doubt have a separate page for other links, but at present I have been called to be a missionary, a servant of the Lord and a representative of Jesus Christ, and when I became a missionary, I put away civilian things.

Mostly. God didn't call me to be Elder Somebody Else. He called me to be me, and so I'm not going to talk to you like another might. Tomorrow there's going to be a post that talks a bit about Jesus. It does so through the lens of Tolkien. Yesterday there was a story about a mountain, and in a couple of days I'll talk about the main thing that I want for you to get from it.

This is me, and this is my blog, and this is the way that I get things done. Jah bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment